Fancy a sweet treat to prepare yourself for a busy week? These wacky triple chocolate muffins have a melted chocolate centre and topped with a wafer feather. Sometimes it’s just fun to not follow any rules and let your imagination run wild. (Too be honest, I am still not sure about the way they look lol 😂😂)
For me, there is nothing more fun and relaxing than some late night baking on a Friday/Saturday night (when there is obviously no work the next day!) It’s only during these times I can forget about my anxieties over my insomnia and actually enjoy it. The freedom to do anything as the rest of the world is sound asleep… there is something strangely satisfying about that to me. Anyone else feel the same? Would love to hear from all the all-nighters out there! 😂🦉🦉
Triple Chocolate Muffins
Quantity: 4 muffins
105g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g unsalted butter, softened
20g cocoa powder
50g caster sugar
1 medium egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 pieces of dark chocolate
White chocolate, chopped
1. Mix the sifted flour and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
2. Rub butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Sieve in the cocoa powder and add in the sugar. Stir to mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and vanilla extract together. Add the wet mixture to the dry flour mixture and stir until well-combined to achieve a lumpy and slightly wet mixture.
5. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
6. Line a muffin tin with paper cases and spoon the batter evenly between them. Fill the cases up half way, and place the piece of dark chocolate into the centre. Cover up with more cake batter and place the white chocolate on the top.
7. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until well-risen and firm. Test if the muffins are fully baked by inserting a skewer just slightly off the centre, and it should come out completely clean. Once they are ready, place them on a wire rack to cool.
8. Cut out the wafer paper into feather shapes using scissors and insert into the muffins to finish.
2 thoughts on “Roughing Out in the Night”
I like to get up early and bake but I don’t suffer from insomnia.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Lucky you. I would struggle to get up early lol 😂
LikeLiked by 1 person