Still getting used to being back to work after the long holiday. 😛 Right now the dark winter sky in the UK is really not giving me enough drive to work in the evening. 😴 (Where has all the motivation in the new year gone lol!?) Does anybody else feel the same?
At this point, I will be dreaming about a tropical island 🏝 in a far land and wishing I am there instead. 😝 However, for now, a mango lover like me can survive with a mango and cream cake. At least, I can taste the tropic right now! 😋😂 I realise it has been a while since I posted a recipe, so I hope you all will enjoy this cake as much as I did! 💛
Mango and Cream Cake
Quantity: 1 cake
5 eggs, separated
80g caster sugar
60g flavourless oil
70g warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g self raising flour
250ml double cream
1 mango, diced
White Chocolate, tempered (optional)
Pistachio, chopped finely (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4.
2. Whisk the egg white with half the sugar until stiff.
3. Mix the remaining sugar, egg yolks, oil water and vanilla together until well-combined.
4. Sieve in the flour and stir until well-combined.
5. Fold in half of the whisked egg white into the flour mixture. Then, pour the mixture back into the remaining egg white and fold until evenly combined.
6. Grease the cake tin, then transfer the cake mixture into it.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let the cake cool briefly in the cake tin, then remove the cake from the tin. Leave the cake on a wire rack until completely cooled.
9. Whisk the double cream until whipped and smooth.
10. Slice the cake evenly across to create two layers. Sandwich the sponge layers with whipped cream, mangoes and mango pulp.
11. Cover the sides and the top of the cake with the remaining whipped cream. Drizzle more mango pulp at the top of the cake. Decorate with more mangoes, pistachio and tempered white chocolates to finish.