How are you all getting on this Monday? Are you all being busy bees back to work? Don’t forget no matter how busy you get, always take time to relax and spend time with your loved ones. (One of the good thing about living alone is you can ignore the latter haha 😛)
As a child, I was very lucky to have a family who worked very hard in order for me to get the life I have now. Whether you’re trying to earn a living for yourself or your loved ones, I commend you for your hard work and your determination to make the most of your lives. And, to commemorate those of you busy bees out there, I would like to share this recipe of my bumble bee lemon cupcakes. Best wishes to the rest of the week! And keep fighting! 💪
Bumble Bee Lemon Cupcakes
Quantity: 12 cupcakes
For the cake batter:
125g unsalted butter, soft
125g caster sugar
125g self-raising flour
2 large eggs
1 lemon, zest only
1 tsp baking powder
For the lemon icing:
250g icing sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 lemon, zest only
Yellow food colouring
For the bumble bees:
Dark chocolate, melted
Dr. Oetker Chocolate Hearts (alternatively, you can temper your own chocolate)
1. Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/gas 6.
2. Cream the butter with the caster sugar using an electric whisk.
3. Sieve your flour, and add the rest of the cake ingredients into the butter mixture. Beat or whisk until well-combined and smooth.
4. Line muffin tin with cupcake paper cases. Place the batter evenly across the cases. Bake the cupcakes for 12-15 minutes, or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack once ready.
5. For the icing, sieve the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. If your icing is too wet, add more icing sugar to thicken it.
6. To make the bumble bees, roll yellow fondant into small balls. Pipe the melted dark chocolate to form the stripes and the eyes. Insert the chocolate hearts on it to form the wings.
7. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, spread or pipe the icing on top and decorate with the bumble bees, wafer flowers and popping candies.